Do you know there is a day that’s dedicated to the savoury, salty and crunchy cured meat of bacon? The International Bacon Day is happening this Saturday 3rd of September!
A common delicacy in our favourite British breakfasts, bacon is loved by many of us who just can’t resist munching a rasher or more! This hog heaven day will celebrate the scrumptious existence of the beloved treat.
Did you know that Americans eat about one and half billion pound of bacon a year? You too can celebrate your love for this salty meal and spread its joy on this special day in your own way with friends and family!
- Attend a Bacon Festival – Join in the celebration at festivals such as the Topsham Beer and Bacon Festival 2016 in Exeter from Friday 9th to Sunday 11th September. Here you can enjoy bacon tasting, bacon making competitions, raffles, along with pork and BBQ based food.
- Make Your Very Own Bacon Recipe – What’s your favourite food? Whether its cheese, chocolate, pasta or ice cream, you can combine them with bacon to get top dishes such as cheesy bacon, chocolate covered bacon, bacon pasta or even bacon ice cream cake. Put up your creativity to test and come up with your best recipe.
- Have a Bacon Tasting Party – Purchase various types of bacon, cook a piece of each, and try to find out their unique flavours. You can then pair each kind of bacon with a unique starter or dish. You can even pair bacon with vodka or beer and let your friend appreciate your culinary skills.
- Create a Bacon Dessert – Many might not think of combining bacon and sweets. But the salty and savoury Bacon can be the right accompaniment of something sweet, such as dark chocolate and nuts. You can even go a step further a create desserts such as maple bacon caramels, bacon apple pie, bacon cookies, or bacon fudge.
- Play your favourite Piggy Slot – Why not catch Piggy Payout Slot and When Pigs Fly! Slot at Spin and Win Casino while eating some bacon? This would be the perfect approach to truly celebrate, honour, and appreciate bacon in all possible ways.
Mark the meaty celebration of International Bacon Day by being creative while eating as many rashers as you like! The good news is that bacon goes well with everything, and even your favourite slots at Spin and Win Casino.
Let the good times roll by eating bacon and playing at Spin and Win Casino!